Guest Bio: Dr. Alex Capano
Quote: “It’s rare to find something that lets your business thrive and makes your patients happier and healthier.”
Dr. Capano is among the many respected women making progress in cannabis. She was the first doctoral candidate of any discipline who focused on cannabinoid science. As Medical Director for Ananda Hemp, Dr. Capano acts as principal investigator on clinical research and trials, focused on hemp-based CBD therapies. She is also a faculty member of The Lambert Center for the Study of Medicinal Cannabis and Hemp at Thomas Jefferson University.
Listen to this episode and learn:
- Why CBD products are so popular in pharmacy right now.
- The legal landscape surrounding the products and what this means for your pharmacy.
- The 2 questions to ask any CBD provider to vet their legitimacy.
- The breakdown of why CBD is so effective as a therepeutic alternative.
- The types of CBD to use.
- What new research is showing to confirm CBD efficacy.
- How this is an effective treatment against the opioid epidemic.
As a bonus, you can find our webinar recording CBD and Your Pharmacy on this page, where you can learn more about CBD products and if you should carry this product as well as any liability to you. Watch this webinar to learn about the legality, clinical benefits and important quality issues of CBD that you should be aware of.
Video: CBD and Your Pharmacy
- About Dr. Capano. [1:40]
- What is CBD and why is it so hot in pharmacy? [3:10]
- Composition of CBD vs marijuana. [4:10]
- All marijuana is cannibis, but not all cannibis is marijuana. [6:10]
- Full spectrum vs isolate? [6:42]
- Understanding the endocannabinoid system [8:33]
- Research shows modulating the endocannabinoid system can have therapeutic potential in almost all conditions affecting humans. [9:40]
- CBD is a safer alternative to opioids and an effective tool to reduce opioid consumption. [10:25]
- CBD in business and its legality. [13:53]
- This 2014 pharm bill changes the legal landscape. [14:42]
- Lisa’s suggestion to listeners on where to start. [16:24]
- Dr. Capano’s resources for pharmacy owners to get relevant information without hours of research. [18:10]
- CBD product varieties and their myths. [20:32]
- Topicals and autoimmune eruptions. [22:36]
- How to contact Ananda Professional [23:55]
- Dr. Capano’s tip to pharmacy owners. [24:46]
- If CBD providers don’t give you this, run. [25:38]
- The 2 questions to ask any CBD provider to vet their legitimacy [26:22]