Position Available: Accounting Specialist
At Pharmacy Development Services (PDS) we look for passionate, innovative and creative Rock Stars!
- PDS is the #1 company in the Independent Pharmacy Industry that independent pharmacy owners trust to elevate their business. In short, we make our members better business people and their pharmacies more profitable.
- PDS believes that independent pharmacies deserve to thrive. If you are an action-oriented team member and believe you can contribute to the success of PDS and its members, keep reading.
- PDS has a 20+ year track record of improving performance for independent pharmacies.
- We host the annual PDS Super-Conference, regarded as the must attend conference for independent pharmacy owners across the US and abroad.
Pharmacy Development Services is hiring a “Rock Star” Accounting Specialist to expand PDSfinancials services to its members.
Is this you? You may be a great fit for PDS’s Accounting Specialist position if…
- You are passionate about small business and in particular independent pharmacies.
- You enjoy helping people unleash their potential.
- You are a passionate, driven professional with strategic business insight and natural financial instincts.
- You are a self-motivated, action-oriented professional who communicates effectively and is able to work both independently and on a team.
- You thrive in a fast-paced, innovative environment where you can take your career to the next level.
- Exceed all expectations and set a new standard of excellence.
- Utilize online QuickBooks to review financial statements and the underlying data and assess the performance of pharmacies.
- Understand the relationship between the Income Statement, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow Statement, specifically Accounts Receivables and Inventory.
- Solid knowledge of accrual-based accounting in regard to “tying out” to A/R and Inventory reports and what it means when the tie out adjustments are out of the ordinary
- Understand A/R reconcilement
- Compare and analyze trends using Excel.
- Calculate and analyze financial ratios.
- Good communication skills to convey financial review conclusions
Desired Skills and Experience
- Pharmacy industry experience is a major plus
- A positive, resilient attitude
- Ability to build rapport and trust quickly
- Strong results-oriented personality
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal skills
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and manage time effectively
- Thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic and innovative environment
- Willingness to attend Industry Conferences 2-3 times annually
- Computer literate
- CRM proficient
- You are able to live up to our core values:
- Do the best you can!
- Do the right thing!
- Show other people that you care – both the people you work with and the people we serve!
- Have each other’s back!
- Be coachable!
Benefits & Perks:
- Your compensation is a combination of base salary, variable compensation and commission. No glass ceilings!
- Health Insurance, 401(k), Vacation, Employee Assistance Program, Flexible Spending Accounts