Pharmacy Entrepreneur of the Year
At the annual PDS Super-Conference, we take time to recognize the exceptional achievements of industry leaders from the PDS community. This year, we presented awards for Pharmacist of the Year, Entrepreneur of the Year and Pharmacy Team of the Year.
The Entrepreneur of the Year is selected annually based on their dedication to the growth of their team, their business and the pharmacy industry as a whole. While we know that all PDS Members are dedicated to leading their pharmacy and the entire industry forward, this year’s winning pharmacy owner stood out from all the rest.
Amina Abubaker of RX Clinic Pharmacy has been part of the PDS family since 2012. She is a passionate and knowledgeable pharmacist who is very active, has received several accolades from pharmacy industry leadership organizations and is a true innovator, known for taking ideas and concepts and turning them into realities. She also does a great job of empowering her pharmacy team to help her achieve success.
Her list of accomplishments is very long, but here are a few highlights:
- Last year she focused on becoming a URAC accredited pharmacy
- Due to her ability to build relationships, the compounding business has grown enough to hire another pharmacist and technician
- Through her work with a primary care physician and an infectious disease PA, she helped create the first “one stop shop” for HIV care in North Carolina
- Her Clinical Pharmacist, alongside a physician and a PA, bill Medicare for annual wellness visits as a revenue stream for the pharmacy
- She launched a new PGx product called RxIGHT which is available to consumers, yet uses pharmacists as primary service providers for testing and counseling
- She enabled the pharmacy to be hand selected for a grant to provide specialized MTM services to help Medicare and Medicaid patients
- She added Rodan and Fields skincare lines as profitable revenue streams to the pharmacy
Amina’s achievements are extremely impressive, but it all started with just one step. One of our favorite quotes here at PDS is,
“A year from now, you will wish you had started today.”
In what area of your business can you initiate improvement right now?
Get started immediately by downloading your free copy of the ebook, Generating More Pharmacy Customers with Compounding, where we reveal important tips including:
- How pharmacy compounding drives business revenue
- How compounding ensures a steady flow of new customers
- What resources and trainings are available for compounding and much more
Learn more, launch your own compounding niche and get more customers in the door now! Before you know it, you could join the ranks with pharmacy industry leaders like Amina.